Thursday, April 1, 2010

Southern Hospitality

Having grown up in Charleston, SC, the center of southern hospitality, I have always been exposed to this Southern Identity. The following website ranks charleston in the top ten because of TOP 10 "I love the South. The people are very friendly, the architecture is amazing and the food is fried! Not everything, but they don't pay any attention to dieting here. I only did 3 things while I was here - headed to the beach, hit the Farmer's Market and ate. OK, 4 things - I slept too ; ) Very relaxing."

I was recently having a QSO with an individual on HAM radio on the 2-meter W4DOC repeter and the person stated that "when they were in Charleston, they almost missed a turn off on the right when they were two lans over to the left. Once they turned on their turn signal, all of the trafic stoped and let the person cross over." If that isn't a representation of southern, more particularly Charleston hospitality, then I don't know what is.



The above video is made by a Cofc student and is partialy about southern hospitality.

I totaly agree that Southern Hospitality is still at the core of the south and our cultural identity.

No comments:

Post a Comment