Sunday, April 11, 2010

My Southern Tradition- Final Blog Post


When I was little, a tradition that my family had was to go to my father’s tennis team’s matches. The neighborhood we used to live in had a pretty good tennis team for the ALTA (Atlanta Lawn Tennis Association) league. The matches would be held on Saturday mornings and I used to go with my little sister to the home games. I also went to away games once in a while. My mother would join me occasionally as well. Many families would come to watch one of their family members play and it was a very family atmosphere. The food at the games would be delicious; I was especially fond of the Subway sandwiches and cookies. Everyone there had fun eating and cheering on their particular team’s players and I would cheer the loudest for my father. The highlight of my father’s tennis team was when they were City runner-up’s in 2001 and you know that I was there for the final. Tennis is one of the fastest growing sports in the South and especially in Atlanta. This is probably because of the South’s ideal weather for outdoor activities. I do consider this tradition to be Southern because it is an outdoor activity where a lot of people get together to eat food and have a good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment