This post by Rhaul about a redneck women who was firmly against Barack Obama was a very interesting video for several reasons. The discussion however did make me feel a little uncomfortable. While it is true that the united states is in a war with Iraq and Afghanistan, it should not be undermined that a war with Iran is a possibility. I understand the angle that Raul is viewing the video from, but I also must say that this women, regardless of the fact that she is the classical redneck and apart from the fact that she made some mistakes, she never the less knows a thing or two more about who was the presidential candidate then many Americans who base their decisions on petty items.
Such as some people will vote for a candidate at the polls that they have no idea about, but simply because the candidate is of a certain party, race, or gender people will make their decision based upon that. I am not saying that we should expect people to identify their candidate based upon more significant factors, but we must look at the video and realize that the lady isn't as stupid as we believe she is.
In summary It was a good post and I can only think about all of the other rednecks out there.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment