Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Final Blog Post - Southern Rock

Okay since I think everyone has already posted their final blog posts, I don't think anyone will be updating a topic for this week. Therefore I have decided to take the liberty upon myself to write about what ever I so please staying within the realm of the general topic of "the South." Therefore I'm going to write about my project group's theme for the year, Southern Music, and more specifically southern rock. Southern rock evolved from the genres of rock n' roll, country music and blues. Southern rock really reached its peak in popularity in the 1970's with the Allman Brother's Band. They were out of Macon, Georgia which is really close to Atlanta, only about an hour away. Another very notable band that falls under the genre of southern rock is Lynyrd Skynyrd with their most famous song "Sweet Home Alabama." If you have never heard this song before you aren't even allowed to call yourself a southern, hell you're probably not even allowed to call yourself an American. Enlighten yourself if you haven't:


Well there's a little crash course in Southern Rock.

No comments:

Post a Comment