For example, my favorite blog post was Phillip’s response to the blog topic, what sort of food was predominant in your household. Phillip is from Trinidad and Tobago, which is a country I am not familiar with. I didn’t even know where it was located until Phillip posted it on our blog’s map. This post helped me learn about the food that was predominantly eaten in Trinidad and Tobago and it was pretty interesting stuff. Their diet consisted of foods from many different nations and was very meat heavy. Trinidadians even eat iguanas, sharks, and agoutis, which is a type of rodent! One thing that surprised me was that Phillip’s claim that Arabic food has become very popular in recent years. Arabic nations are located vast miles away but somehow their cuisine has become popular with Trinidadians. Maybe, many Arabians have immigrated to Trinidad and Tobago recently. Another interesting fact that I learned from this post was that food is usually prepared with one major pot. I also learned a cool fact that the KFC in Trinidad and Tobago is the number one selling KFC in the world. Wow!! Who would have guessed?
Below is a picture of an agouti.

If you want to see the original post, go to http://southerntimesgt.blogspot.com/2010/02/trini-sweet-hand.html.
No comments:
Post a Comment