This is a good question. I think the people who think the South is great are the people born and raised in the South. Even though I am southern, I by no means the redneck or hillbilly stereotype that is often associated with people from the south. I feel like ignorant people whose impression of the South is being this backwoods place overrun with hillbillies and rednecks are those who hate it. And likewise the people from the south who still haven't come to terms with the fact that the confederates lost the civil war are the ones who hate the North. Since the people I normally hangout with and interact with on a regular basis share the same ideologies as me, we tend to think the same way. I personally harbor no hate towards the North and have never really met anyone who is extremely opposed to the North or South.
Blake Bauer
Thursday, February 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blake, push this a bit further. . . many generalizations here, but not much substance.
ReplyDelete