As I’ve mentioned a few times already I haven’t really had any exposure to the “South,” this supposed southern hospitality included. I did a little research on the internet to find out what exactly people mean when they say southern hospitality and it surprised me that Atlanta, Georgia is traditionally included in major cities that have this southern hospitality. I haven’t really felt that people are more inviting any more than the people were back home in Florida. On the other hand my roommate from Massachusetts commented several times about how nice the people down here were, in the restaurants, etc. I didn’t really know what she was talking about; everything seemed normal to me.
In addition to looking up facts I also found a youtube video of Ludacris singing his song titled “Southern Hospitality.” However, after watching and listening to it though I have no idea how what was said connects to southern hospitality. I actually think that it may be that the south is clinging to the notion of having southern hospitality, but not really living it out as they may have used to in the past. Once again, that theme of the performance instead of the genuine thing.
No comments:
Post a Comment