
As a young lad I was rather fortunate to grow up in what some would call a "traditional southern" home. Belonging to a "traditional southern" home my mother often delved into the sacred arts of southern cooking. Some may smirk at my last remark but anyone who has ever had a home-cooked southern meal should be able to agree that the art that southern food is, is indeed sacred. Southern food encompasses a whole realm of food that can't be listed in one single blog post. To give a general idea of what I'm talking about when I say southern food I'll list a few of my favorite southern dishes: chicken fried steak(depicted to the left), green beans, corn bread, fried chicken, collard greens, mashed potatoes and gravy, and so on. Growing up eating southern food has definitely shaped my preferences in food. Obviously I prefer to eat southern food when at all possible. Has it shaped me as a person? Not really, well I guess physically it has, eating a lot of greasy delicious southern food has led to me being slightly overweight.
Blake Bauer
No comments:
Post a Comment