The type of food I ate while growing up was Indian. I am part of an Indian family so it is obvious that the food prepared at home is Indian. Indian food is usually spicy consisting of rice and some sort of vegetable dish or a non vegetarian curry item. I eat rice almost every day. Eating Indian food has shaped who I am today significantly because eating spicy food has resulted in me having a spicy personality. I am just kidding. In all seriousness, I do not thing the food that I eat shapes my personality. It did however, shape my food preferences immensely. My favorite places to go out to eat are Indian restaurants. I enjoy going to both vegetarian as well as non-vegetarian Indian restaurants. My favorite vegetarian and non-vegetarian restaurants in the Atlanta area are Udipi and Zyka. My favorite dish that I enjoy eating is butter chicken with naan.

My diet does not consist of beef because I am a Hindu. Cows are sacred in the Hindu religion. This poses a problem sometimes like for example, eating at Brittain Dining Hall. At Brittain, lot of the specials include beef. Overall, however, abstaining from eating beef is a positive thing because beef is unhealthy for the body. Even though I am Indian, I have lived in Atlanta for the past 12 years. In these years, I have become quite fond of Southern food like fried chicken and chicken sandwiches. I love eating at Chick-fil-A and luckily for me, Chick-fil-A does not serve any beef so nothing on their menu is off limits.
No comments:
Post a Comment